I love New Year’s resolutions. I know most of us break them, even on the 1st day of the year, and that so often we have the same ones over & over. But I love having this moment where I can feel anything is possible. The slate is wiped clean. I can enact some changes in my life.
So, what are my personal themes and resolutions for 2011? Here are some, in no particular order:
– SIMPLIFY. This includes de-cluttering, streamlining some routines, cleaning out my email and Reader subscriptions that I never actually read. I’m hoping that by threshing out the chaff, I will get to the grain of what I am passionate about. And unlock reserves of energy along the way.
– Keep FLYing back to Flylady.
– Stop reading parenting books and just focus on being true to what works for my family.
– Bring us closer to NATURE. Have more nature adventures. Play outside every day if we can. Get the right footwear and wet weather gear to be decently comfortable outside in most types of weather (and I don’t mean going crazy at MEC!).
– Re-focus on our next financial goals: paying down our last student loan, and returning to more restrained spending.
Judging by this little list, the word that keeps coming up is FOCUS. On simplicity, on nature, on my goals, on our family goals, and on what works for us. What are your themes and resolutions for 2011?